Q: Where on the face are fillers most commonly used?
A: Fillers are used most commonly to treat:
1. hollow cheeks
2. nasolabial folds: the deep lines that form from the corners of the nose and mouth
3. marionette lines: the lines that start at the corners of the mouth and go downward
Q: Where are some other areas that fillers can be used?
A: Fillers can also be used to treat:
1. vertical lip lines: also known as “smoker’s lines”
2. deep glabellar furrows: also known as “11 lines”
3. jawline: to make it appear more chiseled
4. hollow temples
5. under the eyes: to reduce the appearance of mild to moderate “bags”
Q: What are fillers composed of?
A: Most fillers are composed of hyaluronic acid, which is a substance found naturally in the face. Radiesse® also contains calcium which is why it lasts longer than most of the other fillers.
Q: Will I look overdone?
A: Our goal is to provide beautiful, natural results. We want your friends and co-workers to think you’re getting more sleep or that you went away on vacation, not that you had anything done.
Q: Will it hurt?
A: You may feel a slight pinch when the filler is injected. To minimize discomfort as much as possible, we use numbing cream. This is available at each of our locations.
Q: Is there downtime?
A: You can return to your normal activities right away. Many patients choose to have these procedures done on their lunch breaks.
Q: How long do fillers last?
A: On average, fillers last about a year with some lasting longer and some shorter. Click on each specific filler on the “Procedures” page to learn more.