OUR LOCATIONS :
Dr. Paul Johnson is a board-certified ophthalmologist with subspecialty training in cosmetic and reconstructive oculoplastic surgery. He performs facial rejuvenation procedures including upper and lower eyelid blepharopasty (eyelid lift/contouring), brow lifts, Botox injections, soft tissue fillers (Radiesse/Juvederm/Restylane), and chemical peels with meticulous attention to detail.
Dr. Johnson is also skilled in reconstructive oculoplastics including ptosis repair, excision and reconstruction of eyelid skin cancer, orbital decompression surgery, repair of orbital fractures, eye socket reconstruction, management of facial nerve paralysis (Bell’s palsy), blocked tear duct repair (dacryocystorhinostomy), ectropion and entropion repair, management of thyroid eye disease, enucleation and evisceration surgery, and the repair of orbital, eyelid, and tear duct trauma.
He attended Johns Hopkins University and Jefferson Medical College. He completed his ophthalmology residency at the prestigious New York Eye & Ear Infirmary, and his oculoplastics fellowship at the top-rated Wills Eye Institute. He has authored multiple publications and has been actively involved in teaching future ophthalmologists at both New York Eye & Ear and Wills Eye Institute.
EDUCATION & TRAINING – A TRADITION OF EXCELLENCE
- Was one of only 18 applicants in the US to match in an Oculoplastics program accredited by the American Society of Ophthalmic Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery.
- Scored higher than 96% of his colleagues in Ophthalmology on the annual Ophthalmic Knowledge Assessment Program.
- Was selected from a group of 11 interns to serve as Chief Resident.
- Was one of 10 medical students out of a class of 220 to be selected to the prestigious Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society as a Junior.
- Graduated with honors in Biology with a minor in Spanish while completing pre-medical training and being selected to the Phi Beta Kappa Honor Society.
- Maguire J, Murchison AP, Jaeger E (eds): The Wills Eye Institute 5-Minute Ophthalmology Consult. Philadelphia, Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, 2012: Johnson PB, Carrasco JR. “Medial Orbital Wall Fractures.” Johnson PB, Carrasco JR. “Orbital Floor Fractures.”
- Johnson PB, Lelli GJ, Khorsandi A, DellaRocca DA. Spontaneous dural cavernous fistula in infancy. Ophthal Plast Reconstr Surg. 2010 Mar-Apr;26(2):118-9.
- Kim HJ, Johnson PB, Kropinak M, Brazzo B, Sims L, Lauer S, Moskowitz B, McCormick SA, Milman T. Subepidermal calcified nodules of the eyelid. Ophthal Plast Reconstr Surg. 2009 Nov-Dec; 25(6):489-90.
- Kharod BV, Johnson PB, Nesti HA, Rhee DJ. Effect of written instructions on accuracy of self-reporting medication regimen in glaucoma patients. J Glaucoma 2006;15:244-247.
- Johnson PB, Katz LJ, Rhee DJ. Selective laser trabeculoplasty: predictive value of early intraocular pressure measurements for success at 3 months. Br J Ophthalmol. 2006 Jun;90(6):741-3. Epub 2006 Feb 7.